Archive for December, 2009

It’s an Early MKV to PS3 MP4 Christmas

December 2, 2009

So, once finished with the mpeg4ip fiasco (see here), I thought it was time to do some work on MKV to PS3 MP4. There is now an additional feature! Namely, the ‘Fix Audio’ option. You can grab it here.

Essentially, some people complained that with certain files the audio came out as static. I came across a reported solution to this problem and implemented it in the script. Basically, instead of doing mkv audio to aac, it does mkv audio to wav to aac. So, it takes longer and requires more HD space, but the audio reportedly comes out fine.

The other things that were done are under the hood (though it may help some people). What the Python people did was put out a warning that they are going to get rid of a function that I used. So, I changed that to the replacement. As such, people who had problems with ‘command not found’ errors (sorry, can’t reproduce the error means can’t fix it) should try this update and see if it works.

So, in summary, a new feature and increased longevity. Hope you guys like and let me know via the issues page if something goes horribly wrong.

Have a happy holidays!